- System administrator required to perform hardware and software installations, upgrade, maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis, and network configuration. tuning.
- Cluster configuration and maintenance, shell scripting, performance turning, hardening and support in high availability on and off site environment.
- Coordinate and perform preventive system maintenance; set up day-to-day maintenance of productions systems. Perform resource monitoring, performance tuning , and scaling of infrastructure as needed.
- Work with development initiatives to proactively prepare server builds and input on design /implementation considerations.
- Work with application developers on the solaris platform for installation and maintenance in both development and production environments.
- Experience with Centos Linux 6 or greater System administration.
- Sound knowledge of Enterprise Technologies (NFS, LDAP, LINUX clustering, performance tuning, mail, syslog, security).
- Package management, scripting with Linux Shell scripts and standard Linux utilities for automation of administrative tasks.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP internet working-DNS, VPN, FTP SSH, HTTP, SMTP, firewalls (iptables).
- Have excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision (network, hardware, OS, Performance related problems.
- Ability to successfully handle the completion of multiple concurrent assignments under pressure and interface with vendors or related support mechanism for escalation/ resolution purposes.
- Experience supporting Database environments on an operating system level a plus (e.g MYSQL and Oracle).
- Ability to work required days and hours and participate on an call rotation.
- Masters/Bachelors (Hons)
- 16 Years of Education
- Computer Engineering/Sciences
- Computer Networks
- Information Engineering/Sciences
- Information Security
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Software Development
- Software Project Management
- Linux/Unix, Perl, or Shell
- MS Office
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org