Established in 1951, and operational in Pakistan since 1981, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, inter-governmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM has been supporting the Government of Pakistan in the field of migration management, specifically with implementation of the EU-Pakistan Readmission Agreement. As part of these efforts, IOM, with financial support from the European Union (EU) and in close partnership with the National Database & Registration Authority (NADRA) developed an electronic Readmission Case Management System (RCMS) for Pakistan. The system aims to automate the readmission process to enhance time-efficiency, improve coordination amongst all key stakeholders and allow easy access to real-time data. The first phase of the project was completed in 2018, where RCMS was piloted in 4 EU Member States (i.e. Belgium, France, Germany and Greece). IOM is currently implementing the next phase to expand access and usage of the system to additional EU Member States. Through various activities, the project is overall contributing towards enhanced capacity of relevant stakeholders for good governance of return and readmission process in Pakistan.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, IOM Pakistan, the direct supervision of the Migration Management Project Coordinator and in close coordination with the Senior Programme Manager, the Project Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support the implementation, monitoring and reporting of all activities under RCMS project, in compliance with donor’s administrative, legal and procedural requirements
- Maintain coordination with all project partners including government stakeholders for effective implementation of project activities
- Prepare and compile information, meeting notes, notes for file regarding all project activities and coordination meetings with government stakeholders.
- Coordinate all administrative and logistical support for implementation of the project activities, including meetings, conferences, seminars and capacity building / training workshops.
- Contribute to preparation of the project regular and specific narrative reports, as per donor’s requirements; including overseeing compilation of briefings and background information requested by the management, donor, Government.
- Support project development initiatives, including collection of information for concept notes and input for budgets preparation.
- Follow on and keep the supervisor informed of any legislation/policy mechanisms update relevant to the project.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, International Relations, Project Management, Social Sciences, Migration Studies, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in UN Agencies or international/national NGO and/or government programme.
- Experience of organizing capacity building initiatives for the Government of Pakistan departments.
- Experience in drafting meeting notes, reports, concept notes and project budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (word, publisher, excel and power point).
- English and Urdu (Fluent)
- Working knowledge of other Regional Languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com