Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Operational in Pakistan since 1981, IOM has been implementing variety of programmes related to humanitarian assistance in response to disasters and crisis, resettlement movement and operations, migration management and migration health.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and direct supervision of Senior Programme Manager, and in close coordination with related partners, the Programme Coordinator will be responsible for participatory planning, smooth coordination, and effective and efficient implementation and oversight of the migration management related programmes in Pakistan.
More specifically, s/he will be responsible for the following deliverables:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Coordinate and support supervision and management of IOM Pakistan migration management programmes/projects, ensuring continuous, effective, and efficient programme planning, delivery, and coordination, including partners, other IOM Pakistan programmes and service units.
- Ensure development of and implementation of activities related to Readmission Case Management system, in coordination with implementing counterparts and IOM units, as required.
- Analyse programme/project delivery and make recommendations for an immediate and strategic improvements in line with the program’s operational strategy and key performance indicators.
- Analyse and interpret trends, challenges, and priorities in Pakistan with regards to migration management interventions and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders working on the same issues.
- Ensure project implementation and evaluate lessons learnt for further integration into project outlines keeping in view newly developed policies and good practices and establishing appropriate execution and monitoring mechanisms and systems.
- Stay up to date regarding assessments and reports produced by other agencies and organizations and ensure relevant and important information is incorporated in IOM Pakistan reports, project proposals and strategies.
- Coordinate and contribute to preparation of programme/project regular and specific narrative reports, as per donor’s requirements; including overseeing compilation of briefings and background information requested by the management, donor, Government.
- Organize coordination meetings, workshops, working groups and donor meetings relating to migration management, within the country and regionally with various counterparts as per requirement
- Develop and maintain good liaison with governmental authorities, donors, UN Agencies, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private sector and civil society organizations, with the aim of coordinating and promoting the programme activities.
- Support Senior Programme Manager and Programme Development Officer in developing new projects and proposals. This will include but is not limited to meeting prospective clients, identifying opportunities for funding, writing / coordinating concept notes, writing / coordinating proposals, and other follow up as needed.
- Support the Senior Programme Manager in representation and liaison with other agencies and/or counterparts.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Social Science, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge on migration and development issues;
- Demonstrated capacity in project and staff management, including grant management;
- Experience and good record in liaising, partnership and engagement with government institutions and donors, as well as with national and international institutions;
- Experience in working in UN or international organization;
- Strong analytical thinking, organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and against tight deadlines;
- Knowledge and experience in policy development and research is an advantage;
- Excellent writing, editing, and reporting skills.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of financial rules and regulations.
- English and Urdu (Fluent)
- Working knowledge of other regional languages would be desirable (Pashto, Punjabi, Balochi etc.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org