Terms of Reference
Unit Coordinator – EWS
Project Staff – Junior Position
The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Through a continuous presence in Pakistan since 1954, the Foundation has developed strong ties and valuable expertise on local, regional, and international issues. With an extensive network of local and regional partners in both government and civil society, our projects extend throughout the country, and range from large, nationwide programs to small, local initiatives. In Pakistan, efforts focus on strengthening environmental resilience, supporting rule of law and social inclusion especially for women, strengthening citizen-state relations, and fostering regional cooperation.
The Foundation is seeking the services of a Program Associate to support the implementation of a project for Strengthening Local Governments and Community Networks to Reduce Violence against Religious Minorities and Other Vulnerable Groups.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Foundation to be an affirmative action employer and not discriminate against any applicant for employment on account of sex, race, color, age, religion, origin, marital or veteran status, health status or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including hiring, training, promotion, performance evaluation, compensation levels and termination.
Objective of the Assignment
The Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the program team to implement the project activities and reporting of the project progress.
- To support the program team in implementation of the project in all target areas, including monitroring and reporting of all project results and outputs as included in the results framework
- To support program team to establish effective relationships with key stakeholders in the government at the national and provincial level and civil society partners, as pertinent for the project
- Provide support to program team in preparation of project reports.
- Support in developing and maintaining project related data base of project stakeholders and impact groups.
- Any other task assigned by the Program Lead.
- Clear understanding of development issues as well as the ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrates strong written and analytical skills
- Demonstrates openness to change, flexibility, and ability to manage complexities
- Ability to work under pressure
Master’s/Graduate degree or equivalent in related field.
- Familiarity with development issues in Pakistan.
- Good communication and coordination skills
Computer/other skills required:
Good command of MS Office, ability to develop and analyze online content
Any other preference:
- Ability to undertake field visits.
- Excellent communication, writing (both Urdu and English) and analytical skills, ability read and analyze large data sets.
- Proven cross cultural sensitivity and flexibility required
- Strong work ethics and values
- Ability to create and maintain a high level of effective output; capacity to work hard and remain focused within exacting standards of performance with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel, at times in difficult conditions
- Ability to capture and respond favorably to suggestions for change and improvement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org