United Nations Pakistan - Islamabad
ATTENTION: All applicants should submit their application ONLY ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
The Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to the Representative, Deputy Representative, and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors.
You will be expected to promote client-oriented approach, courtesy, confidentiality, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds,
You will work in close collaboration with the International Operations Manager, the Country Office programme and operations team and report directly to the Admin/Finance Assistant.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
Providing reliable and safe driving services, you will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. You will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
You would be responsible for:
- Providing reliable and safe driving services by; driving office vehicles for the transport of UNFPA Representatives, high-ranking officials and visitors; delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Keeping abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
- Managing all aspects of vehicle maintenance; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Keeping track of insurance and tax formalities;
- Acting as a translator in local language for official passengers, where necessary;
- Guiding and coaching junior drivers as appropriate;
- Assisting CO staff with general administrative duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Three years’ work experience as a driver in an international organisation, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills.
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
Fluency in English is required, working knowledge of local language (Urdu) is an asset.
- Exemplifying integrity,
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system,
- Embracing cultural diversity,
- Embracing change
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organising and multitasking
- Achieving results,
- Being accountable,
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen,
- Thinking analytically and strategically,
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships,
- Communicating for impact
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com