In close coordination with WHO’s National Professional Officer (Labs), the individual will:
- Support the NPO Labs in laboratory support in COVID-19 testing labs including direct supervision of the technical lab staff performing COVID-19 testing
- Conduct detailed laboratory capacity assessments using the WHO LAT assessment tool for COVID-19 testing labs as required
- Support implementation of standard operating procedures and information management systems for COVID-19 and biosafety / laboratory quality guidelines
- Coordinate with Department of Health, Team Leads/ focal persons at provincial PHL and other labs, laboratory focal points at NIH and WHO Country Office
- Conduct training needs assessment of Lab staff and coordinate with WHO and Department for successful accomplishment of training.
- Review and strengthen reporting system including LIMS for lab network
- Management in coordination with local surveillance/Public Health staff as required
- Coordinate with Department of Health, Team Leads/ focal persons, laboratory focal points at WHO Country Office
Duration of contract: six months
- Essential: At least 3-4 years’ experience in Molecular Biology/ Virology. Experience in performing Real time PCR for infectious diseases and COVID19 is mandatory
- Desirable: At least 01 year experience in public sector/Government Organizations and previous work experience with WHO, other UN organizations or international organizations will be an asset.
- Understanding of lab biosafety levels, equipment requirements, Human Resource management and Quality Assurance in Lab
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of molecular biology, with specific reference to Real time PCR for COVID-19 and interpretation/analysis of PCR run data.
- Proven skills in the development and implementation of laboratory testing plans and projects
- Experience with development of lab-based surveillance, diagnostic algorithms, analysing data and reporting
- Strong professional skills in development of daily reports, and updates for sharing with WCO and NIH
- Experience in molecular detection including nucleic acid extraction and PCR assays for HCV, HBV, Dengue, COVID-19 or TB etc on semi-automated or fully automated platforms
- Experience with lab information management system (LIMS) and other reporting systems
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org