TERMS OF REFERENCES
Infection Prevention and Control is the main component of preparedness and response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic for rational utilization of IPC & PPE resources for providing critical care and COVID case management. Several assessments conducted by WHO have indicated and highlighted the need to focus on immediately addressing identified IPC implementation gaps to ensure patient safety and quality of care.
WHO country and provincial offices are working with the government to strengthen IPC main programmatic activities for establishing IPC structures, training and education of HCWs, provision of quality assured standardized PPEs and IPC supplies, and supporting monitoring and audit of IPC practices.
WHO Country Office in now focusing on creating model sites/HCF for IPC implementation to strengthen 14 selected HCFs as IPC demonstration sites from all provinces and regions in Pakistan. The work and focus on ensuring effective IPC in the HCFs for COVID case management and prevention of HCAIs has assumed a greater priority in view of the continuation and impending second escalation of COVID-19 pandemic.
In this context, there is need to engage more technical staff with WCO AMR/IPC team to work and coordinate with the Federal Ministries and Provincial Departments of Health for strengthening IPC implementation in the selected 14 IPC demonstration sites particularly in AJK and GB.
Work to be performed
Output 1: Support implementation and monitoring of operational plans for IPC demonstration hospitals with progress reporting
Deliverables 1.1: Work with the relevant Provincial IPC Consultant and HCF management for implementation of IPC improvement plan including identification of resource gaps
Deliverable 1.2: Support monitoring and reporting on Key Performance Indicators Pakistan
Deliverable 1.3: Generate regular reports on monthly basis for each hospital indicating progress in implementation of IPC standards with feedback to the hospitals
Deliverable 1.4: Coordinate and organize IPC Committee meetings in IPC demonstration sites with regular follow
Output 2: Impart IPC training & education through
Deliverable 2.2: Provide on job training and education of hospital staff and IPC teams to improve IPC knowledge and competencies
Output 3: Implement monitoring & strengthening of IPC teams
Deliverable 3.1: Provide technical assistance to IPC teams at IPC demonstration sites through organize IPC Refresher Course for IPC Master Trainer
Deliverable 3.2: Conduct monitoring of IPC actions on standard precautions, transmission-based precautions, environmental cleaning, isolation practices and others to enhance facility preparedness for IPC
Deliverable 3.3: Conduct Monitoring and audit of IPC practices of IPC demonstration sites with monthly follow up to track improvement
Output 4: Support WCO AMR/IPC team for
Deliverable 4.1: Conducting IPC relevant research and updates, developing technical documents, proposals/ workplans, policy briefs and reports
Deliverable 4.2: Support IPC data management and analysis and drafting technical recommendations for improvement of IPC implementation
Deliverable 4.3: Coordinate and maintain regular programmatic updates on IPC work plan implementation at federal and provincial level for relevant technical and donor reporting
- University degree in Medicine/ pharmacy /Nursing or any related university degree.
- Preference given to candidates with working experience in humanitarian emergencies with WHO and IPC, environmental health & capacity building etc.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in implementing hospital IPC and environmental programs and WASH.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Advanced expertise in IPC and proven experience of implementing IPC in health facilities is a must. This includes technical expertise in assessing IPC programs at national and facility level and development and implementation of strategies and tools to reduce the spread of infection during outbreaks within healthcare settings. Familiarity with the WHO IPC Core components, facility assessment tools, strategies and implementation tools is essential. The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A practical, hands-on and results oriented approach is also required. High sense of responsibility and strong organizational skills with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
- Advanced computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
English & Urdu (Read – Write – Speak / Expert or Intermediate)
Duration of contract: 06 months
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org