United Nations Pakistan - Islamabad
I. Organizational Context
The speed, dynamics and complexity of today’s social, economic and environmental problems are fundamentally different from previous eras in history. Together with our core partners, the State of Qatar and the Federal Republic of Germany, UNDP Innovation-AccLab Pakistan is part of UNDP’s global network of 60 labs serving 78 countries that will work together with global and national partners and local innovators to find radically new approaches that fit the complexity of current development challenges.
UNDP Innovation-AccLab Pakistan is a dedicated learning space to explore new approaches of working in development. AccLab-Pakistan will test and disseminate new and innovative solutions within Pakistan and across countries. Under the supervision of the Head of Experimentation, UNDP Innovation-AccLab Pakistan, the Innovation intern will support knowledge management, data visualization, research and project reviews.
II. Functions / Key Results Expected
Summary of key functions:
- The Innovation Intern will assist in the following duties and responsibilities:
- Research and select global innovation trends and methodologies to be explored;
- Support to coordinate, monitor and execute the planning and implementation of the Innovation activities across projects and programmes;
- Assist in organizing and facilitating in house knowledge management and innovation events, workshops and conferences;
- Support to draft and finalize concept notes, proposals and project documents;
- Support preparation of progress reports and evaluations of the lab activities as needed;
- Support the maintenance and growth of the UNDP Pakistan Innovation portfolio’s public image and presence through social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Flicker, and others.
- Support developing and editing content for the innovation webpage such as developing and editing stories, case studies, blogs;
- Support the AccLab team to design experiments across to validate the hypotheses and test the effectiveness of identified prototypes, including (but not limit to) defining variables, formulating hypotheses, and coordinating experimental protocols
- Support ot develop a framework to capture the learning from the experiments in such a way that it favours critical reflection and rapid adaptation over static reporting
- Support designing data visuals for the learnings from multiple portfolio of experiments
- Provide other support and assistance as required;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- High level of motivation, ability to show initiative and work independently
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Managing conflict
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encouraging the learning of others
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Strong analytical, reporting and writing abilities;
- In depth understanding of Pakistan’s entrepreneurship and social innovation ecosystem
- In depth understanding of global social innovation trends and methodologies;
- Excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism;
- Excellent organizational, time management and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task, to work flexibly and meet tight deadlines;
- Seeks, shares and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside UNDP
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required;
- Understanding of human-centered design, design thinking approaches is an asset
- Basic knowledge of graphics and Adobe creative suite
IV. Recruitment Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor / Master’s degree in social science, economics, administration, development or any related field.
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programme or have graduated no more than 1 year (work experience gained during this 1-year period is acceptable)
- Language Requirements:
- Fluency in English and Urdu is required
- Duration: 24 weeks with a possibility of extention
Candidates who get selected for internship at UNDP shall be required to provide proof of medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
UNDP provides the Equal Opportunity for all equally qualified male & female including the physically challenged candidates, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply (local and internal VA)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) does not charge fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interviews, selection or induction etc. Moreover, UNDP does not concern itself with any information on the applicant’s bank accounts.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com