£24,261 a year
Please note that we cannot accept applications in the form of CV only and all applications must be submitted by completing the online application form.
- Closing Date for Applications 20 February 2020
- Full Time Opportunities Only
- Location: Heathrow Airport
- Salary: £11.66 per hour (this is a permanent position, with an annual salary of £24,260.85)
- Hours: A rolling shift roster that equates to an average of 40 hrs per week. We’ll confirm your terminal and shift pattern prior to your start dates based on shift availability.
Please note that there is an occupational requirement for Heathrow to maintain a balanced number of male and female officers, given this we have separate recruitment adverts for Male Security Officers and Female Security Officers.
Over 200,000 passengers pass through our doors every day. Keeping them safe on and off our planes takes a dedicated team with a whole host of different skills and backgrounds. With 80.1 million customers a year, we’re the busiest airport in Europe.
Our Security Officers aren’t just key to the safety of our customers and staff. They’re also a vital pillar of Heathrow’s exceptional standard of customer service. That means giving each passenger a warm welcome – and a great send off.
As a member of our security team, you’re the key to the safety and well-being of our passengers. But there’s more to it than that – you’ll embody our customer service values, as an ambassador for our airport. Welcoming each new person you meet with a smile, your positive, friendly attitude will help put them at ease as they complete their security checks, making sure they look back on their airport experience as a positive one.
Spending a lot of your time on your feet, your daily activities might also include patrolling the airport, or completing checks at the entrances to restricted areas. You’ll be vigilant, and ready to identify potential risks and threats, your presence will help our passengers feel safe and secure as they head off on their travels.
Who we’re looking for
You don’t need previous experience in security to apply. We’ll provide you with all the training you’ll need in a full time, 6-week training course, that includes both classroom and on the job training. What is key is your keen eye for the details, as well as your positive, friendly approach with customers, effortlessly making them feel at ease.
- To be a confident communicator, fluent in written and spoken English – additional languages are a bonus
- To be physically fit to cope with long periods of standing, sitting, bending and walking
- Full colour vision and a required standard of hearing too
- To have been a UK resident for the past three years
- To be prepared to undergo pre-employment vetting period of up-to 15 weeks, including Criminal Record and Counter Terrorism checks
If you’ve had multiple or extended trips abroad during that time, that’s ok; please bear in mind that our team may need to complete some additional vetting checks if you are successful.
In return, we offer a range of great benefits. These include an employee assistance programme, pension, healthcare and travel offers, plus a range of training schemes to help you climb further up the career ladder.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org