- To support parents on a pathway towards employment, recognising their different starting points and helping individuals to build confidence and readiness for education, training and/or employment, identifying skills gaps and how to deal with them
- To promote access to adult education opportunities including: Family Learning; Functional Skills (literacy and numeracy) and ESOL.
- To work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to provide a coordinated support package to individuals on a pathway to employment and develop opportunities to work alongside employers on recruitment and pre-recruitment activities.
- To assist individuals with full range of job search activities including: preparing CVs; job applications; interview techniques and follow-up support as required which will include making referrals to appropriate organisations, monitoring the effectiveness of provision and the progress of the individual / household.
- To establish and maintain relationships with trainers, colleges and employers .and develop a thorough understanding of the accessibility and quality of services available to unemployed people, liaising with existing project partners and identifying new potential project partners and community organisations.
- To collect, update and produce information on local opportunities for education, training and/or employment, maintaining vacancy boards.
This role covers the entirety of Northfield District, which incorporates both Frankley Plus and Wychall Children’s Centres. Northfield district is on the border with Worcestershire and therefore may equally suit someone from this area.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo’s believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org