June 17, 2021

Coronavirus: Airlift for Britons trapped in China ‘under review’

An airlift for Britons stuck in China’s Hubei province by the coronavirus outbreak is being kept “under review”, the government has said.

Brexit Secretary Stephen Barclay told Andrew Marr it was a “fast-moving situation” and the Foreign Office were working with Chinese authorities.

Updated Foreign Office guidance has warned against all travel to Hubei province – where the virus began – and urged Britons to leave if they can.

The virus has so far killed 56 people.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *