October 26, 2020

MSNBC parrots US casualties number provided by Iranian government

After watching the American news media’s recent coverage of the escalating hostilities between Washington and Tehran, I see now why Iran’s tyrannical regime grants Western journalists so much access. It could hardly hope for a more sympathetic and pliable audience.

MSNBC, for example, broadcast Iranian propaganda Tuesday evening, claiming that up to 30 U.S. servicemen had been killed in Iranian-led rocket attacks on at least two Iraqi military bases housing American troops.

This does not appear to be the case. In fact, the Iranians seem to have fabricated that number entirely. U.S. officials have told reporters on background that there appear to be no American casualties in the missile strikes.

But even if it were true that some Americans were killed, why not wait for confirmation from a source that is slightly more reliable than the Iranian mullahs?

Play Video
“The IRGC was saying that Ayatollah Khamenei, the supreme leader of this country, was in the control center coordinating these attacks,” NBC News’s Tehran bureau chief Ali Arouzi told MSNBC host Chris Matthews during a live broadcast.

“This bit I’m not sure about, but Iran state media is claiming that 30 U.S. soldiers have been killed in this attack,” Arouzi added. “This is not confirmed; this is just coming from the Iranian media.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *